End of the Summer
|Laurel, Loren, Sam and Emily after we prayer walked UTA one evening!|
As you know school starts this week!! This is such a special time of year so I wanted to send you an update right before we jump in. I'm going to update you on the last piece of the summer, give you a sense of what the next few weeks will look like, and share how you can join me in prayer for the upcoming weeks. Lets get started :)
End of July and August:
I was so touched and challenged by this prayer. I hope it ministers to you as well.
Every Monday evening all the girl students who were in town for the summer would get together, read scripture and hang out. This was for sure one of my favorite parts of the summer! To cap off our time together, my coworker Emily's mother in law, Pegi, asked if she could host us for a tea party to celebrate the end of the summer!! This was for sure a highlight for all of us that were able to go.
- Please pray for God to prepare the hearts of the students we are about to meet. Pray that they would be eager and open to getting to know Jesus, and that God would place a desire in them for christian community.
- Pray that all of the students that set foot on UTA's campus come to know and love Jesus.
- Please pray for our staff and student leaders. This is very much like a two week long sprint. Pray for energy, patience, genuine care for the students around us, and that we would remain in constant prayer and remain connected to God, working out of his strength not our own.
- Side note please pray for me, I have not been feeling well the last two days. I am so bummed and want to be able to be present on campus during this time.
- Please pray over the conversations and connections we will be making. Pray that God connects us with the people he is preparing for us. Pray for divine appointments for our team!